Today’s tutorial will show you one way to draw a cartoon superhero ⚡️. Using simple shapes let’s see if we can make our superhero look like he has super-strength. This drawing tutorial should be easy enough for preschool and kindergarten kids, as well as for older kids and adults just getting started with drawing. Hope you think its super! 👊 – Patrick O.
Watch my video on how to draw a cute little cartoon house
In this 🎬 video tutorial I will show you how to draw a cartoon superhero with a cape by following easy-to-follow steps using simple strokes and shapes. If you would like to go at your own pace, the instructions are repeated below using animated GIFs.
Follow these animated step-by-step instructions that make a cartoon superhero drawing easy:
- First, draw the cartoon superhero’s head and mask. Start by drawing an oval with a horizontal line through it for the bottom of the superhero’s mask.
- Draw the eyes of the superhero. Draw two circles above the line, then two more smaller circles inside them for the pupils.
- Fill in the eyes and add a nose to the cartoon superhero. Draw little circles in the upper right of the pupil circles for the light reflection, and then fill in the rest of the eyes. Then, just under the mask line draw a little arc for the cartoon superhero’s nose.
- Next let’s draw the superhero’s mouth and ears. Under the superhero’s nose draw a half circle for the mouth and then a horizontal line right across the middle for the teeth. Finish the cartoon superhero’s head by drawing two small arcs on the outside of the head for the ears.
- Now draw the cartoon superhero’s body. From the chin area of the cartoon superhero’s head, draw two horizontal lines out for the shoulders, and then two diagonal lines that connect below to create a waist. A single horizontal line across the bottom makes a belt.
- Give the superhero some legs. Continue one of the diagonal lines from the superhero’s torso down a little and then draw a vertical line upward to the edge of one side of the belt. Repeat on the opposite side to create two triangular legs.
- Draw some boots for the cartoon superhero. Now draw a triangle under each leg for the foot, and then draw a small line across the middle of each leg to create cartoon superhero boots.
- Now draw the superhero’s arms and hands. Starting at the the shoulders, draw arcs downward to a spot just above the top of the boots, then draw two smaller inner arcs to create the cartoon superhero’s arms. Finish by drawing three inward bumps on each thigh to make fingers on the hips.
- Draw the superhero’s cape. Draw a line down from the elbow area and then across the back just above the boots. Finish the cape by drawing a final line up to the other elbow.
- Finish by adding a superpower symbol to the superhero’s chest. Draw a lightning bolt, letter of the alphabet or other symbol in the middle of the superhero’s body.
Thats it. Super work! 💪