Watch my directed drawing video on how to draw a cute cartoon snowman with a scarf
It’s getting cold outside for some of us, so I thought it might be fun to do an easy directed drawing of a cute cartoon snowman ☃️. We’ll give him the traditional snowman top hat, and a warm knitted scarf. My goal was to make the directed drawing easy enough for younger kids in preschool and kindergarten, as well as for older kids and adults just getting started with drawing. Have fun! ❄️ – Patrick O.
Follow these directed drawing instructions that make a cute cartoon snowman drawing easy to do:
- Start by drawing the cartoon snowman’s top hat. Draw a long rectangle near the top of the page for the brim of the top hat. Then draw another, slightly narrower rectangle on top of the brim. Finish with a straight line across for the ribbon.
- Next, draw the cartoon snowman’s head and eyes. Start the line for the head on one side of the hat, and then draw a partial circle down and around to the other side – this makes it look like the hat is on the head. Then add two small eyes and fill them in all the way, leaving a little white for light reflection. This makes the eyes look like coal or stones.
- Now let’s draw the snowman’s carrot nose and some eyebrows. Between the eyes draw a short line out and then back again, leaving an open side of a triangle shape. Instead of a straight line, use a curved line to connect the triangle nose, giving the carrot a cone shape. Add some little lines for carrot texture, and then add some little curved lines above the eyes for eyebrows.
- Next, draw a happy smile and some silly teeth on the snowman. Draw a big curved line under the snowman’s nose for a smiling mouth, and add two small curved line on either side for cheeks. Finish with two small rectangles hanging down from the mouth for silly front teeth.
- Now let’s draw the snowman’s body wrapped in a warm scarf. From one side of the head draw a big curved line down and around to the other side of the head – again, this makes it look like the head is on top of the body. For the snowman’s scarf, draw another curved line just under the snowman’s head from one side of the body to the other. Draw the hanging part of the scarf with a smaller rectangle under it to one side. Finish by drawing small tassels on the scarf.
- Begin adding stripes to the snowman’s scarf. To do this, add some evenly spaced vertical lines along the top part of the scarf and color in every other one.
- Finish adding the stripes to the scarf. Draw some horizontal lines in the hanging part of the scarf and color in every other one.
- Finish the cartoon snowman drawing by adding some stick arms and mittens. Draw a straight line out from the body on either side for the stick arms. Then add some cloud shapes with two bumps and a flat side to each stick for some mittens.