Today I would like to show you one way to draw a fast cartoon racing car 🏎. This is one of the first things I showed my son how to draw, and of course it had to have fire shooting out the back! I tried to make it fun but easy enough for kids in pre-k and kindergarten, and anyone just getting started with drawing. Vrooom! 😎 – Patrick O.
Watch my video on how to make a fast race car drawing
In this video tutorial 🎬 I will show you how to fast racing car in easy-to-follow steps using simple strokes and shapes. If you would like to go at your own pace, the instructions are repeated below using animated GIFs.
Follow these animated step-by-step instructions that make a fast race car drawing easy:
- First draw the wheels of the cartoon race car. Start by drawing a medium-sized circle slightly to the left of the page for the back wheel of the race car. To the left of the first circle, draw a second smaller circle for the front wheel of the race car. Inside each wheel’s circle, draw smaller circles for the hub caps.
- Next, draw the bottom and back of the race car body. Draw a straight line connecting the first wheel to the second, and then two more little lines on either side. Then draw a vertical line up from the little line on the right to make the back of the race car.
- Now draw the rest of the race car body. Connect the top of the back line to the tip of the front line with a wavy diagonal line, to finish the body of the race car. Draw an arc on the wavy line starting above the back wheel to a spot above the front wheel, to make the roof of the race car.
- Let’s add a driver and some lights to the fast race car. Insert a little circle on top of the wavy line under the roof for a race car driver’s helmet, and finish it with a half moon shape for the visor. Draw a small half moon in the front and one in the back to make the lights on the race car.
- Now let’s draw a spoiler on the back of the race car. Add two small lines above the back of the race car and a sideways rain drop shape to make a spoiler.
- Add some flame decals to the door of the race car. Draw an arc up and to the right starting from the right side of the front wheel, and then a zig-zagged line down to add some fire decals.
- Finish with an exhaust pipe and maybe some real flames! Draw a small rectangle off the back of the race car to make a tail pipe (or is it a rocket booster?). Maybe add some flames shooting out of the back of the race car for super speed!
That’s it. Great job! 🏆