Watch my directed drawing video on how to draw a cartoon rocket ship blasting off
Blast off! In this easy directed drawing tutorial let’s draw a cartoon rocket ship flying through the sky 🚀. We’ll use some simple tricks to give the rocket ship some depth including a window with a little person peering out. This directed drawing should be simple enough for preschool and kindergarten kids, as well as for older kids and adults just getting started with drawing. Three, two, one… 💥 – Patrick O.
Follow these directed drawing instructions that make a cartoon rocket ship drawing easy:
- Start by drawing the main body of the rocket ship. Draw a tall rectangle and then a triangle on top for the nose cap.
- Next let’s draw the fins of the rocket. At the bottom of the large rectangle, draw a smaller tall rectangle. Then draw triangles on each side of the large rectangle that are in line with the smaller rectangle.
- Now draw the nozzle of the rocket ship and fire shooting out. Draw two diagonal lines out from the bottom of the body of the rocket ship, and connect the bottoms. Finish with some zig zagged lines under it to make fire shooting out.
- Draw a window in the rocket. Draw a circle inside the main rectangle for a window of the cartoon rocket ship.
- Let’s draw a little person in the window. First draw an arc for the top of the head, then add some little circles under the arc for the eyes. Finish by drawing some pupils inside the eyes – near the top if you want them to look up.
- Fill in the top area of the window to make it dark. This will make the person’s head pop a little more.
- Finally, draw some motion lines and clouds. Draw some small lines under the fins, and some little clouds to show that the rocket is blasting through the sky.
That’s it. Amazing! 💫