Watch my directed drawing video on how to make a easy cartoon flower drawing
Today I’d like to do an easy directed drawing tutorial on how you can draw a simple cartoon flower 🌼 in a flower pot. Drawing the petals so that they are evenly distributed can be tricky, so I did them in slightly different way to see if it makes it a little easier. I tried to make today’s directed drawing tutorial simple enough for kids in pre-k and kindergarten, as well as for older kids and adults just getting started with drawing. Enjoy! 😁 – Patrick O.
Follow these directed drawing instructions that make a cartoon flower drawing easy:
- Start by drawing the center of the flower. Simply draw a small circle near the top of the paper..
- Then start drawing the petals of the cartoon flower. Draw lines of similar length out from the circle so that it looks like a sun.
- Finish drawing the petals of the cartoon flower. This is done by drawing arcs to connect the “rays” of the sun to each other, completing the flower’s petals.
- Next draw the cartoon flower’s stem. Draw two lines, close together, down from the bottom of the flower that stop at the same point.
- Start drawing the flower pot. Below the stem, draw a long, thin rectangle for the top rim of the flower pot.
- Finish drawing the flower pot. Draw two slightly angled lines down from the rim and connect them with a straight line to create the bottom of the flower pot.
- Finally add some leaves to the cartoon flower. Draw a bent line up from the bottom of the stem, and then another bent line back to create a leaf. Repeat on the other side.
That’s it. Great job! 👏