Watch my directed drawing video on how to draw a cute little cartoon house
In today’s drawing directed drawing tutorial, let’s see if we can draw a cute little house 🏠. I added a little sidewalk with perspective at the end so it looks like you can walk right up to it. I tried to make the directed drawing simple enough for preschool and kindergarten kids, as well as for older kids and adults just getting started with drawing. Hope you like it! 😊 – Patrick O.
Follow these directed drawing instructions that make a cute little house drawing easy:
- Start by drawing the frame of the house. Draw a large square or rectangle in the middle of the page.
- Next comes the roof of the cute little house. Draw a large triangle on top of the rectangle, that is slightly wider than the rectangle.
- Now draw the front door of the cute little house. Draw a smaller centered rectangle at the bottom of the big rectangle, then add a small circle for the door knob to complete the door.
- Draw the left window next. Draw another rectangle above and to the left of the door for the first window on the house. Add two crossed lines inside the window to make window panes.
- Draw another window on the right side of the house.
- Next let’s draw a chimney on the cute little house. Start drawing the chimney by make two lines up from the roof, that end at the same height. Add an elongated rectangle that sticks out on each side slightly to make the top of the chimney. Finish with a fun spiral shape above the chimney to make smoke.
- Finally, draw some bushes and a sidewalk leading up to the door. Draw two cloud-like shapes on either side of the door for some bushes in front yard of the house. Then for the sidewalk, draw two angled lines out from the bottom corners of the door.